Bright Surge Academy and Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bright Surge Academy and Team

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Bright Surge Academy, make sure to check your PMs for new members, read all the rules, and more importantly have fun
Hey everyone, just us checking in. I'm in the process of working on some new entertainment options for us Brighter Sugerins. Start looking for updates to our Roleplay section.
Latest topics
» So much has changed
Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2023 5:47 am by vanitas bakura goku

» How long has it been?
Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2023 5:03 am by Ex-dragon

» Been a while :p
Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 6:14 am by Sonic

» Came in to dust off cobwebs
Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 12:27 am by Kirito

» Memories and bringing this place back
Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 7:18 am by Shibō

» [Tournament] To get a Vanguard
Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 12:26 pm by Ex-dragon

» reforming team Bright Surge
Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 12:26 pm by Ex-dragon

» remaking battle sisters
Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 1:44 pm by vanitas bakura goku

» [SB] Rising Nova
Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 1:08 pm by Ex-dragon

Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chaos Death

Chaos Death

Avatar Card : Gakuen no Karido Reoparudo
Battle Points : 155

Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 6:28 pm

Good to hear it Very Happy, geez,, i probably wont be able to convice u >.<
Back to top Go down
Marethyu
The Deathwalker
Marethyu

Battle Points : 20119

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 6:29 pm

See the biggest difference is that duke is only one unit. While using emperor it is 5 different units 5 separate times you have to guard at 5 dmg. so if you are at 5 dmg it will waste 5 cards from your hand or more. with varying numbers of cards needed from 5-10 cards needed to guard it, There is no other card in the game that can force that kind of advantage.

Duke's minimum to guard is 3- 10 triggers being the variable. In short duke isnt that broken it has some annoying factors but no where near as bad as emperor.
Back to top Go down
https://bright-surge.forumotion.com
Chaos Death

Chaos Death

Avatar Card : Gakuen no Karido Reoparudo
Battle Points : 155

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 6:52 pm

hehe u really know how to argue Razz, well nice point there at teh case of 5 damages, but, u forgot to mention an important factor there. The Opponent Skill, I'm not saying Iam teh boss here, just that i'd play more defensively against a SB player, that means, hitting the 5th damage for the final turn, would be dificcult, cause SB is an all-out-attacker, u cannot wait too much.

Beside it, watcha think bout the other cards i mentioned
Back to top Go down
Marethyu
The Deathwalker
Marethyu

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 7:06 pm

Zeal sounds broken but i dont know myself, i need to test it and see it in action. A concept can be sound on paper but not so sound when trying to execute.
Back to top Go down
Marethyu
The Deathwalker
Marethyu

PostSubject: Rant Number 2 We Stand Together.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 7:57 am

Hello everyone today's rant is on Broken Combinations. Now These are cards that need other cards' skills to work unlike Auroboros dragon and the other cards i have talked about these cards dont stand alone. I will be speaking about 3 decks in particular, First off will be Soulless OOT, Second Would be Dimensional Robos, Third will be Aqua Force- Malestrome Build.

Okay this deck is the least broken of the 3, now Soulless needs a strong rear guard Without the support of the Rear they don’t stand a chance, That is their one true weakness. Now they get over this weakness by not ever wasting units, that is why the best players soulless players aren't guard happy.

Now that the analysis of its weakness is out there we will continue on the main strategy. Now first off the biggest + in the deck is when they gain the effect from soul when they ride g3. Now unlike some card games CFV allows us to manipulate the chain, we don't ever miss timing 2 things activate 2 things always resolve. Now Lulu's skill activates. She pops out SB 2 draw one, this is a +2, you heard me a +2, Lulu is one unit you wouldn't have if you ride over a vanilla, meaning it is a +, Now Koko is when it gets crazy. CB2 easily done in soulless if you have been forcing your opponent to go after the VG. Now draw 2 this draw 2 turns into a big play. Since you gained 2 cards from the lulu in one ride you gained 4 free cards. That advantage alone destroys people.

Now the second trick is the meanest, most evil trick in OOT, Goddess of Flower Deviation, Sakuya. Yes their best unit and biggest Beast, is a Flower Goddess. This little...... Bitch, She is why OOT never waste a card, EVER. When you ride her, you get to take everything on the field and bring it to your hand, Total Reset. This is where lulu turns into a big + she is now in your hand and she’s a free 10k guard. Now if she wasn't bad enough She gains 4k if you has 4 or more cards in hand. Being a continuous effect, drive checking pumps her up. Now since her effect to bounce resets the field you can easily replace some unit with weather girl milk and get a 24k beater. With that you combine things like Silent tom and other units. Sakuya allows you to reuse units, that activate when called, creating + for using the same unit.

Dimensional Robos. Oh man this deck. Now D Robos, are all about the superior ride. Now there is a difference between Ezel crossride and this deck, Unlike the ezel crossride if you just need to get to g2 basically to get this ride. If you are running it like me you would easily get to your correct G3, this is what makes it broken you now only need to throw 4 cards one being your standing unit so 3 into soul, Now you Crossride from deck. Yes, like those units that can get to 13k no matter what. Now what is horrible is that he has a limit break that no matter what If you superior ride it will activate, that’s what makes it broken, brokenness stacks on brokenness. Everyone knows Crossrides are broken that’s why all the decks that have them are Teir 1. Now to add some extra pain to the deck, if you do this correctly you can actually have a unit unboosted over 25k through cards in the soul that you can activate, now add in the fact that there is a unit that boosts for 10k. Ouch.
Don’t forget though, the Critical. That’s what is annoying it pushes hard and can wreck your hand in a turn or two.
Now what somewhat balances out is this deck and guarding don’t go well together. With low guard if you push you might be able to win before they beat you.
Finally we go with malestrome. This has been a long time coming. Now then all aqua force decks rely on the idea of using the skills of weaker monsters to power up/ activate powerful effects. Now what makes this specific deck broken is that drains your hand. If you have any deck that doesn’t use 11k or higher monsters then you are dead, because the deck normally does this. First attack 11k, now switch with the back row unit let’s say that unit is a coral assault now the other column will probably be any 2 units that can boost over 11k-13k you attack with the column then go for 11k with coral finally maelstrome. Hes now a 16k unit without boost and with the 10k booster he is 26, don’t forget the new standing unit. Pop him in soul make malestrome 27k now with this combo if your opponent is at a low damage and lets it through malestromes second skill comes in to play. You now get a free draw and retire any unit on your opponent’s field, and with the standing unit, his skill will activate as well allowing you an extra draw. That is an advantage of 3 cards and a 26k beater every turn, after a bunch of attacks. All together if you guarded every unit in aqua force, it would take a minimum of 5 cards per turn. Against any deck without crossride it dominates. So this deck creates more reason to use teir decks. That’s why I consider it the most broken combination.
Back to top Go down
Shibō

Avatar Card : Currently Undecided
Battle Points : 81

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 10:42 am

Iv'e seen quite a few ppl NOT Playing the D-ROBO Crossride in a D-ROBO deck unless they have to, and the ezel is NOT crossrisde it's a Surperior ride.
Back to top Go down
Marethyu
The Deathwalker
Marethyu

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 4:21 pm

I wrote this at 2am typos are typos.
Back to top Go down
Ex-dragon

Ex-dragon

Avatar Card : Dragonic Waterfall
Battle Points : 576

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 1:25 pm

I won't say anything, I think I'll just let you admire the disaster : http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Radiant_Lion,_Platinum_Ezel

Not to mention the incredibly useful Restraint...
Back to top Go down
Marethyu
The Deathwalker
Marethyu

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 2:29 pm

Agreed. That's horrible...... LB 5 doesn't stop it from being the biggest power play ever. Leader is an interesting concept, but most crossrides only work well with cards from their specific clan anyway. this guy blows Dictator out of the water...... dont forget the unflipper for GP he is now 100 times more useful.
Back to top Go down
Ex-dragon

Ex-dragon

Avatar Card : Dragonic Waterfall
Battle Points : 576

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 2:57 pm

Though I've read some interesting things.

1st, GP uses a lot of cb, so it'll be either that or the superior calls.
2nd, such overpowered cards may force people to play more with their brain. Like not attacking when the opponent is at 4 already. (Master of Pain won't be of any help if you didn't refrain from using more than 1 cb)
and a few more other things that i forgot.

Personally, I think we should wait. I reacted that way at first, but now i think it may prove to be more interesting that it 1st appears.
Back to top Go down
Marethyu
The Deathwalker
Marethyu

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 4:26 pm

Interesting doesn't make it unbroken. The biggest reason that its broken is that it unbalances the game, more support where support isn't needed. GP doesn't need help. AF needed the superior. NG needed the crossride or something in general, a lot of clans needed help but GP doesn't. its like having everyone try to catch up only to have them go on ahead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2