Bright Surge Academy and Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bright Surge Academy and Team

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Bright Surge Academy, make sure to check your PMs for new members, read all the rules, and more importantly have fun
Hey everyone, just us checking in. I'm in the process of working on some new entertainment options for us Brighter Sugerins. Start looking for updates to our Roleplay section.
Latest topics
» So much has changed
Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2023 5:47 am by vanitas bakura goku

» How long has it been?
Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2023 5:03 am by Ex-dragon

» Been a while :p
Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 6:14 am by Sonic

» Came in to dust off cobwebs
Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 12:27 am by Kirito

» Memories and bringing this place back
Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 7:18 am by Shibō

» [Tournament] To get a Vanguard
Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 12:26 pm by Ex-dragon

» reforming team Bright Surge
Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 12:26 pm by Ex-dragon

» remaking battle sisters
Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 1:44 pm by vanitas bakura goku

» [SB] Rising Nova
Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 1:08 pm by Ex-dragon

Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Marethyu
The Deathwalker
Marethyu

Battle Points : 20119

Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. Empty
PostSubject: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 9:30 am

Hello everyone today I will be posting my opinions of cards that are unbalancing the game we play every day.

Today their are 3 cards that are HIGHLY broken, now using them isn't a bad thing, and using them doesn't make you unbeatable.

First off the new Arboros Dragon, Sephirot, dear god, dear god this card. Now this card is not only a power player on his own BUT he has a ride chain, which if you get it off you can end up with 11k boosters for all 3 of your columns.

With Grass Beed Dragon you can gain advantage by attacking the RG and gaining a 2 card lead. this lead is powerful no matter how you look at it you can easily gain a 4 card advantage with this and Sephirot's skill combined. yes a lot of decks have that but they dont have a way to add 6k to each column making GBD 100 times better then any of the other drawers out there.

Ok after the 4 card advantage you gain you let your opponent take out your front row. and this allows you to set up your field with either of these. 2 Forerunner Battle Maiden, Laurel, or 2 more sephirots for the best field set up in the game.

Dont forget this is a costless effect! Now in the first situation lets say you have 3 coralla dragons in the backrow, those cards are now 11k boosters, now the laurels gain 2k per their effect and 3k for sephirot, all together 26k in 2 columns.
dont forget if you got your chain off your sephirot is at 11k so his attack is 22.
The amount of guard needed is just insane. if you are at 5 dmg going on 6 you wont last very long.

second Demonic lord Dudley Emperor, Oh man, this guy gives you insane advantage he is a game winning card that can be used multiple times.
With juggernaut, high speed brackey and other powerful units that leave you open spots and then let you do it again i cant stand it. again at 5 damage it will win you the game almost defiantly.

Finally The card that is almost impossible to guard, possibly one of the only cards in existence that thrashes set up worse then straight up retiring, Dragonic Kaiser Vermillion. This thing just trashes the field. yes its a max of 2 uses but it is broken only for the fact that you CANT deal with it like other cards.
its no where near as bad as the above mentioned.

Now i didnt mention cross rides for this reason, 13k isnt too hard to deal with. yes dragonic decks are annoying but they are easily beatable. But the above mentioned have this certain, well factors, that make them broken beyond belief.
Back to top Go down
https://bright-surge.forumotion.com
Kirito
Beta Tester
Kirito

Avatar Card : Spectral Duke Dragon
Battle Points : 50088

PostSubject: hehe   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 10:40 am

Just wait and see if that ezel crossride comes.....
Back to top Go down
Marethyu
The Deathwalker
Marethyu

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 10:55 am

That will be another rant.
Back to top Go down
Kirito
Beta Tester
Kirito

Avatar Card : Spectral Duke Dragon
Battle Points : 50088

PostSubject: The set 9   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 11:19 am

The set 9 has the word dragon in it omg a vermillion crossride that hits back rows to!!!
Back to top Go down
Ex-dragon

Ex-dragon

Avatar Card : Dragonic Waterfall
Battle Points : 576

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 11:48 am

Now that would be broken ! xD

True, Sephirot is strong, but it's weak against Kagero. (Yeah, that's not much, i know x))... Well, yeah, it's op. x) I tested it and once your field is set, your have nothing more to do than attacking full strengh and defending.

However, Dudley is NOT op.The cost is quite heavy, with 2 cards in hand, so basically if you miss your final turn, you end up with an almost empty field and not much in hand. I think it's more of an all or nothing card.

And Vermillion is annoying, but if you let it slide once, it rarely comes back a second time in a row. (Shut up Neos ! xP)

So I think there's more likely 1 really broken card in the whole game, which is not a bad score compared to a certain other cardgame. x)
Back to top Go down
Marethyu
The Deathwalker
Marethyu

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 12:01 pm

even if the cost is great it can be used multiple times thats what makes dudley broken
Back to top Go down
Shibō

Avatar Card : Currently Undecided
Battle Points : 81

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 12:01 pm

Dudley Emperor can give you a max of 5 attacks 3+ boosted out of those, that can hit each for 14/15k atleast each, and if you're a decent SB Player, you can't miss the final turn with that card
Back to top Go down
Marethyu
The Deathwalker
Marethyu

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 1:20 pm

Agreed but being that it almost always wins you the game, that's what makes it broken.

and Vermillion is broken in himself, against decks that need set up he his the bane to their existence.
Narukami's are balanced (with the inclusion of vermillion) but looking at vermillion himself narukami's support focus on him, dear god truly think about that.
Since vermillion itself isnt gaining the support Narukami's in themselves are balanced.
Back to top Go down
Ex-dragon

Ex-dragon

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 2:41 pm

Lol, wait for the next booster. You can be sure there will be a Kaizer archetype, with it's own 10k booster and things like that. x)
Back to top Go down
Marethyu
The Deathwalker
Marethyu

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 3:30 pm

oh please bushirode no x.x
Back to top Go down
Shibō

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 9:20 am

Good news guys, no Ezel crossride!
Back to top Go down
Ex-dragon

Ex-dragon

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 11:44 am

How do you know ? Surprised
Back to top Go down
Shibō

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:44 pm

Heard on CFC, Ah also in 2013 a new 3DS Game for CF Is coming.
Back to top Go down
Ex-dragon

Ex-dragon

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:46 pm

Yes, i heard, but it might not come to europe :'(
Back to top Go down
Marethyu
The Deathwalker
Marethyu

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:52 pm

He heard it on Byond. Still not a reliable source unless we see actual info assume it is someone's opinion.
Back to top Go down
Ex-dragon

Ex-dragon

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Oh, I thought you knew it, not just heard it.

Well, let me provide the proof then ^^ : http://blog.livedoor.jp/freedomduo/archives/17682687.html
Back to top Go down
Shibō

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 2:04 pm

I knew about the game, i heard the No Ezel Crossride.
Back to top Go down
Marethyu
The Deathwalker
Marethyu

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 3:51 pm

i meant that there isnt any proof for the no Ezel Crossride, I'm saying don't expect anything.
Back to top Go down
Chaos Death

Chaos Death

Avatar Card : Gakuen no Karido Reoparudo
Battle Points : 155

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 10:07 pm

Nice Post Marethyu, tough, Kaiser Vermilions is not really a problem for me. Good SB Fighters are EXTREMELY RARE, really i gotta say, they are extremely rare, i've seem many people just spamming Emperor CB not knowing what they were exactly doing, but, about Sephirot.... yep, Sephirot is insane, and almost impossble do deal with,i could keep on saying some week points bout Sephi-Kun build, but im not here to do that.

Adding to what u said, i've gotta say that Zeal From Dimensional Police is Equally or Even Better than Sephirot. Also a card that can Bring in Some Problems is Dark Rex from Tachikaze, Cannoot believe u forgot my às Wink. And Spectral Duke Dragon is also good...
Back to top Go down
Marethyu
The Deathwalker
Marethyu

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 10:49 pm

See my definition of broken are cards that most decks cant deal with. Spectral duke isnt that bad compared, see spectral duke isnt broken due to the fact that it is a one time thing and easy to get over due to losing twin drive, it has more cost then what you gain. emperor gives you more for less, multiple times, thats what makes him broken and duke not so broken.
Back to top Go down
Chaos Death

Chaos Death

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 10:06 am

mhmmmm I understood, but i'll try to convince ya iam right Very Happy. Picture IT!

SB has cards that can hit really powerfull easily for 1, 14atk, 1 16atk, and the rest 20k+ without triggers. Got it? As u said. Makes a Fucking Hard to guard final turn. But its not a more for less, when ur at 4 dmgs, u must keep a strong field so, 2 cards will come back to the deck, 2 to the soul, and 2 will come to the field standing, to hit with a motherfucking atk. Fact is that its a -2 for +2 atks, it may be more for less, depending on the point of view.

Duke has no cost, only cb2, u lose 3 units to gain 3 drives. What make the difference is Knowing how to use, i say it for ANY CARD. Now u see, ur at 4 dmgs, u can guard the >> by using 10k guard and the << using another 10k, without triggers, Now comes the REAl problem. ur not sure bout how much u have to use for duke, since I(using duke) can just give all the power to duke, and maybe go through ur defence? Just maybe, thats what makes him broken for me, its a no cost, and gives pressure if i get at least one trigger, now comes limit break. hard time.

Conclusion, Emperor is Weakier cause it has no Ride Chain, and not enough support to its high cost.
Back to top Go down
Shibō

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 1:27 pm

I disagree, Emperor is a final turn card, and maintaining 2 cards in hand is no biggie. So with emperor you're gonna get 5 powerful attacks, and most SB Players know how to use it, it is more for less. I agree with the duke thing though, my POV On duke : Ride chain = P2, Duke Drive check = P1. P1 + P2 = P3. P3 - 3 = 0. So it's yet not a plus but not a minus, it is a minus if you miss the ride chain though.
Back to top Go down
Marethyu
The Deathwalker
Marethyu

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 1:49 pm

Cards are designed to pressure the opponent, That's why duke isn't broken because putting on pressure is the main way to win and is common, but the deal with Emperor is that its hard to deal with in MOST decks.
Back to top Go down
Chaos Death

Chaos Death

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 4:53 pm

I understood your point of view shibo, but, emperor usually depends on a critical trigger to finish of the cf and if it doesnt come, ur likely not to have enought guard for the turn, while with Duke u can time when to use it properly, while keeping guard.

@edit pressure is a common way to win u said, agreed, but duke has a different kind of pressure, since u can bet for sometimes a twim trigger check, without loss if only 1 come

@edit 2, i respect ur POVs but in defending mine, dont get mad bout it plz ^^
Back to top Go down
Marethyu
The Deathwalker
Marethyu

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 6:20 pm

lol we are debating, defending your argument is what you are supposed to do, no need for anyone to get angry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.   Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marethyu's rants on "Broken" cards in the game.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next